Thursday 21 January 2021

21/01/21 New glasses, dogs, Pfizer, and Research Panel

The 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century...

No problems collecting the new glasses. They all seem OK so far, although the computer glasses and the main ones are rather more similar than I realised. There is a way of telling them apart by a kind of step in the side pieces, but unfortunately it's the other way round from the old ones. Some re-learning to do.

Went for a shortish walk up to Peppers Green Lane and on the way stopped on Parish Council business to attach a new dog waste notice I made to the gate across the farm track nearly opposite the house - we've been having increasing problems of that kind ever since the first lockdown back in March. While grappling with cable ties and high winds flapping the notice about I slightly misjudged a cut with the scissors and snipped the top of the knuckle on the middle finger of my left hand. Just as I was getting the last of my finger splits under control. It's a bloody mess now, even if it does look like the Mark of Zorro.










No after-walk or after-lunch fatigue episode today. Maybe I just didn't have enough time for one.









The Pfizer injections went very smoothly - on the button for times, not many other people in, lots of helpful staff pointing you in the right direction at each stage. No side-effects at all so far, not even any soreness at the injection site. And the walk from the parking site to the Medical Centre and back added some good steps to my daily count.









To add some Myeloma relevance to this post, I've just received my first task from the Myeloma Patient & Carer Research Panel. Here's the beginning of the email:


Dear Patient and Carer Research Panel member,

I hope you are doing well and keeping safe at this time. We’ve had a request come in from researchers at University College London who have designed a trial for a new CAR-T treatment. They would like patients to review their study and give feedback.

New study: MCCARTY study

A study to trial a new treatment for myeloma called CAR-T.

Who is conducting this study: Professor Kwee Yong together with colleagues at the CRUK/UCL Cancer Trials centre.

I'm told it will take two to  three weeks to complete. I have to read and comment on a densely written 28-page .pdf. So any time in that range that I post without mentioning Myeloma, you'll know what I've been doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...