Monday 11 January 2021

11/01/21 Toenail

A better day today, and not only because the temperature got up to 6 and even 8 C for a while, going by the car's external temperature sensor. However, shortly after getting up I was afflicted by a pain in my left #2 toe making walking very difficult. Once I'd made it from bathroom to study I performed minor surgery on the toenail with the scissors on my Swiss Army Knife, and all has been well since then. So I can be reasonably sure of no sinister manifestation of a myeloma bone lesion in my toe, no matter how painful it was at first. And it was...

Went out to refuel the car (that's my excuse, and you need one to leave the house these days just in case you come across an over-zealous policeman) and stopped off at the Tower Gardens car park for my daily hour of exercise. I  did the "long walk" to the Cafe, around the lake and back, and only sat on a park bench (another act now of questionable legality) for a couple of minutes. The walk took me five minutes or so over the hour...

Nothing new on the myeloma, but I should get the complete results from the last blood tests tomorrow. As usual, it's a bit of a nervous time knowing that the paraproteins will start going up eventually and just hoping it won't be this time.

The Central Park lake in fading light:



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...