Sunday 17 January 2021

17/01/21 Sausages

A much better and brighter day today - temperatures up around 6 or 8C, blue sky, sunshine. Almost a spring-like feel in the air, which lifts the spirits no end.

We did the short Central Park walk plus once round the lake and that was enough for me because I've somehow tweaked whatever it is in my right shoulder and neck again, making pushing the walker rather harder than usual. I feel I want to have my right arm free to swing, rather than stuck to the handle of the walker. No coffees again - the Cafe is open for takeaways but the queue was far too long.

Diet: Obviously eating well is important for anyone with a disease like mine. I don't attempt anything too extreme, just try to eat reasonably sensibly and keep my fruit and veg intake up a bit. But it doesn't always work out... A couple of days ago we had a little treat of sausage rolls for lunch. Then four more arrived as a totally unexpected gift (along with other stuff) from a friend of Sue's, so that was another two lunches including today's. And we have sausages on the menu for tonight. So here's a delayed New Year Resolution: no more sausages or sausage rolls for the rest of January!

Tax returns finished and submitted - I found a way around the problems I was having with the HMRC website. That makes me even happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...