Tuesday 19 January 2021

19/01/21 (3) Pulse Oximeter etc.

Pulse Oximeter readings this evening bouncing about all over the place between 99 and 95. Not sure what that means. Could be anything from "You need new batteries" to "You need a new oximeter". It's also claiming pulse in the high 70s when it's actually mid-50s.

I took the batteries out (almost certainly the rubbish ones supplied with it) and replaced with a couple of used Duracells I had lying around. It eventually settled on 98 and 55, which is an improvement. I'll see if we've got some new ones in stock next time I go downstairs.

Temperature is OK at 36.4 C with the infra-red thermometer, and BP is 101/58. Nothing wrong with that.

UPDATE a couple of hours later: I put a couple of new Duracells in the oximeter. Readings still jumping around (although not so much), eventually settling within a point each way of 97 and 54. Those are OK numbers but I've never before known it do anything but give a straightforward reading with no variation. I can't believe my blood is that variable almost second to second, so it looks as if the oximeter itself may be failing. Off to Amazon again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...