Saturday 6 March 2021

06/03/21 Active, awake, and grumpy

Did the extended version of the triangle yesterday afternoon - 5,342 steps and activity targets met. That includes going on down Ongar Road for a bit to to the Marks Hall Farm entrance, and then back again to the Marks Hall Lane junction. I can extend that gradually as the Muscles4Myeloma challenge goes on.

Not much else to say, except that Sue commented that I hadn't fallen asleep during the day. It's far too soon to come to any definite conclusions, but I certainly have felt less tired. So far, coming off dex & len seems to be having the desired effect.  


I finished the job for the Myeloma UK Patient & Carer Information Panel. The email about the job said, amongst other things: 

Logistical aspects of participation: Professor XXXX would like to invite myeloma patients to review and provide a perspective on Section 1 of the attached application (see attached) and email him directly with your comments. Professor Gordon XXXX is cc’d into this email. It would be ideal if you could get back to him by Monday 8th of March.

I reviewed. I provided a perspective. I suggested some changes. I put them all into a .docx file and sent it to the good Professor. This is what I got back:

I am sorry but I am currently on annual leave. I will not have access to emails so please re-direct to the following, as appropriate:

For NHS matters, please contact my NHS PA xxx xxxx (email address)

For University matters, please University PA xxx xxxx (email address)

For UKMF/UKMRA issues, please contact xxx xxxx (email address)


Hmph! That annoys me just a trifle. I suppose I'll send it to the NHS person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...