Thursday 18 March 2021

18/03/21 Fatigue and oedema

We went into Chelmsford yesterday morning because Sue had to get something to a Post Office and we were hoping for a walk as well. But the rain  got too heavy and we had to abandon that plan. There's a small Marks & Spencer (in a petrol station) on the way home so we stopped for coffee and maybe to buy some lunch. Unfortunately that place has particularly good sausage rolls, but they were out of them. I ended up with a sausage bap and Sue had a bacon bap. Very tasty...

After lunch I had a full-scale "fatigue" attack. Not fully asleep (Sue might have a different view of that) but  flat out and couldn't raise a finger let alone the energy to get out of my chair and so something. It's hard to say what we've learned in the two-week experiment about this fatigue, but the answer seems to be not very much. If anything. I'll be glad to be back on the Lenalidomide on Friday (even if 15mg  rather than 25), not least because it might shed some light on this fatigue.

The oedema is still there, despite the Furosemide. Shoes are OK so far, but socks are difficult, particularly on the left where you can see more of the swelling around the ankle very clearly.Fingers also swollen, as shown by the increasingly difficulty of getting rings on and off.

Anyway the sleepiness passed after an hour or so, the rain stopped and we got sunshine instead so we set off to Pepper's Green Lane and down to the end - which  I did with a stick alone, no walker. I can do it, but I do feel a lot less steady and secure. And it not only got me past my activity target for Muscles4Myeloma, but it also got me past my pre-Myeloma target of 6,000 steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...