Sunday 28 March 2021

27/03/21 Oedema, Danbury, clocks

The oedema is now about 75% back to where it was first time around, and the policy of taking  Furosemide whenever it seems particularly bad isn't having much impact. I think I'm going to put myself onto alternate days, or maybe three days a week, for a while. It worked last time. The problem is that the inevitable consequences of diuretics can interfere with doing anything that involves leaving the house for quite a few hours. Some ingenuity in diary planning is required.

Also noticed that the skin on the backs of my hands is particularly thin and papery at the moment

Today's hour of permitted exercise (loosely interpreted) was in Danbury Country Park, in a village a few miles the other side of Chelmsford. Several years since we've been there:









OK, it looks pretty much like all the others... And it'll look better when there are a few more leaves on the trees.

My watch half-behaved itself. We were well into the walk before it jumped from the low hundreds into the several thousands, so it didn't recognise my movement as "walking" until I'd been going for quite some time. I'm still confused by Google Fit (supposed to sync with my ring) and Samsung Health (supposed to sync with my phone), both of which record zero steps for yesterday. Despite that, MoveSpring gives me  few thousand and tells me that I've met 20 out of 15 goals for Muscles4Myeloma. Oh well, as long as it says I've met all my goals I suppose I should be happy with that.

Still so pleased with the last blood test results that I'm going to include the most important part:











and that's it for tonight, when the clocks go backwards. Or possibly forwards. I could never get my head around it. Anyway, I think we've got the few manual clocks left in this house the wrong way round.

Will sort that out later...

2 comments:

  1. Your clocks will go forward to begin daylight saving - mine go back next weekend to end it (different hemisphere).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to abolish it. Good old-fashioned British Greenwich Mean Time all year round for me!!

    ReplyDelete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...