Monday 15 March 2021

15/03/21 Chickens

No walk yesterday - a combination of  a diuretic pill in the morning, the first visit of the year from our gardener (we started needing help there several years ago), doing a "Roast" chicken in the slow cooker (8 hours) then browning it off in the oven, helping Sue clean up the pond pump (which led to various complications with hose connections - a perfect example of a 'simple' job becoming much more complicated, time-consuming, and expensive than it looked at first sight), a bit of rain later in the day,  and sheer laziness. Nevertheless, I met my Activity Target - just!

The oedema seemed very slightly better, or certainly not worse. Also a better day with the finger splits, perhaps because - apart from the pond pump - I've stayed in the warm inside all day.

'Phone consultation with Dr.Ch this evening and an email from him confirms the expectation of going back onto Dex and Len on Wednesday at a lower dosage. I'll be glad of anything because for most of this last (nearly) fortnight I've felt rather as if a crutch has been kicked away from underneath me. You get so dependent on those pills... On the other hand, the "fatigue" has been a lot better and I haven't been falling asleep all the time. So there's a balance to be found.

Had an email today from another myeloma patient, daughter of someone I knew back in the 1960s and re-made contact with a year or more ago. She had some nice things to say about this blog. Thanks - you know who you are!

Perhaps this is a good time to say again that comments are always welcome, from myeloma patients or anyone else who may come across this blog. Alternatively, you can reach me at myelomablog@iancrisp.net .

The chicken was good, btw. Very moist, tender, succulent, etc.. Later today I'll strip off all the rest of the meat and use the carcass and a few veggies to make some stock which will go towards a nice risotto or some soup. Or just into the freezer until inspiration strikes. Got to eat well to keep the nasties away.

I've been writing this post while watching a recording of a show of Dave Allen highlights. If only there was anything on TV these days a half, or even a quarter, as inventive and funny, it would be a better world. Or perhaps that just shows I'm getting old.


1 comment:

  1. I have learn several just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for Book keeping services in Croydon. I wonder how a lot attempt you put to create the sort of wonderful informative website.

    ReplyDelete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...