Sunday 21 March 2021

21/03/21 Random thoughts

Back in 2019 when I started this blog I described it as "a more-or-less daily record of my time with Multiple Myeloma" . In another place I think I declared an intention to post every one or two days, if I can."

Well, the time has come. 

I can't. I can't think of a thing to write about that I haven't exhausted already. If I stick to myeloma relevance, all I've got is today's exercise. Oaklands Park. All targets met. Still falling asleep.

If I go a bit off-topic to COVID (well, it does impact on my condition in a  number of ways), then I'd get into the chaotic and dangerous state of the tangle that the EU has got itself into. I really don't want to go there, I'm just waiting for my second Pfizer injection, due in the middle of next month. And by then, if nothing changes, shielding will be over and I'll be rather more free to head gingerly and slowly back towards normal.

The Writtle Jazz Festival (just a few miles up the road from here) should be happening on August 8th. I'm crossing my fingers and buying an Early Bird ticket. And then, on September 13th, I already have a ticket for Saffron Opera Group's Tannhauser, postponed from last year. My musical tastes are nothing if not eclectic! With luck (and a vaccination certificate) those two dates will be the foundation for a return to something like normal. My fingers are crossed.

Not to mention my toes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...