Tuesday 23 March 2021

23/03/21 Fields

 A nice bright spring day yesterday. Here's the usual shot of the view from the back of the house, looking a bit warmer than usual recently:



In the afternoon I took Victor the off-road waker across the fields for the first time this year, as the tracks are starting to dry out:









Passing the neatest and tidiest farm yard you'll find anywhere:









And after that I did a litter pick along the A1060 from the Four Wantz (Ongar Road junction) back to home. Pleased to be able to say that I didn't find much.

It would have been close to a perfect day (I also won the regular online backgammon by three points, after a couple of really bad weeks), if not for the finger splits. I really thought I'd got rid of them, helped by the warmer weather, but the one at the end of my right middle finger has opened up again and is at its most painful stage...

The "fatigue" is at least 90% as bad as ever. Whatever is causing it isn't either the dex or the len, as far as I can tell. Perhaps it's a part of the disease that doesn't show in the paraprotein and free light chain numbers.


Excuse me for a while, as I drop off for an hour or so.....

2 comments:

  1. Might I gently suggest that having unscheduled sleep during the day becomes more frequent as one ages (I speak from regular experience!)? It could be that suffering from myeloma exacerbates a propensity to nod off which is happening anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point taken and that must be a a part of it, but this is different in a way I find hard to describe...

      Delete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...