Monday 29 March 2021

29/03/21 Finger splits are back











A couple of days ago I thought I'd seen the last of the infernal finger splits for this year at least. But they're back with a vengeance. Finger tips, sides, knuckles, back of hand. Anywhere except the palms, you name it and I've got a split there. We've had a couple of colder days and I've only been outside the bare minimum without the sheepskin gloves on, but still they come. And I'm not even on skin-thinning dex at the moment. Nothing seems to make much difference to them, not even the trusty Vaseline or the new Calendula. They heal in their own time, and then some more come along to replace them. Maybe when warmer weather arrives properly I'll be able to abolish them at least until next winter.

Skin on the backs of my hands less papery than yesterday, but that may be because they're a bit puffed up with the oedema. Certainly hard to get rings off this evening. Nothing in the diary for today, so I'll take a Furosemide first thing.

Short walk yesterday, just up to Pepper's Green Lane and back. But enough to meet my targets, and my watch delivered a reasonable number of steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...