Tuesday 30 March 2021

30/03/21 An offer of help

A very much warmer day yesterday - one might even say hotter (19C) - and the winds of the last few days have dropped away. Went for my after-lunch walk early afternoon (I've been experimenting with American methods for "scrambled eggs") and didn't use any gloves. Hoping that some good honest sunshine and ultra-violet rays would have a healing effect on the finger splits. And in fact, it's only the one on the end of my right thumb that's causing much of a problem now. My unofficial medical adviser thinks it's all a consequence of the eighteen months of steroids (dex).

The walk was one I haven't done since last summer, along the A1060 to Ongar Road then right towards (and past) Shorts Farm. On the way back I decided to stop for a few minutes and sit on a convenient fallen tree trunk. A rather nice white Audi drove past. A few minutes later it came back, and the driver lowered her window to ask whether I was alright. I said yes, I'm fine, just taking a break and enjoying the sunshine. She (with what was presumably her husband in the passenger seat) then drove on in the direction they had originally come from. I got my walker organised and set off along the road towards home. After a hundred yards or so the same car passed me and we exchanged waves. Several conclusions follow:

There are still good people around. They saw me, thought I might be in need of some help, turned round and came back to check. Then drove on, turned again, and went back to their original journey. Whoever those two are, I thank them for their concern and their readiness to do something about it.

Not all Audi drivers are complete b*st*r*s. Some of them are, but nothing like as many as BMW drivers.

I may look rather worse than I think...


This was taken during the walk:









On the old favourite topic of constipation, things almost went into reverse in the morning. I'm giving myself a couple of days off the Senna.

My watch behaved strangely during the walk, It stayed stuck on 700 or so (the amount I did around the house before going out), but leapt up to several thousand after I got home. Google Fit and Samsung Health both record several thousands, but differ by a thousand or so. I'm happy as long as Muscles4Myeloma is happy that I've done enough for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...