Thursday 7 November 2019

07/11/19

Here we are in Dexamethasone World again, after a week away. Went to bed at 0300, slept through till 0600, woke up wide awake. Could be worse for the next couple of nights, and probably will be.

Now in front of the computer again, checking a few news sites to see if anything interesting has happened in the last three hours. Answer: no. I might try another Stranger Things, but my reaction to Series 3 so far is the same as the general one - the tone has shifted away in a different direction, the characters don't seem to be quite themselves any more, and the show isn't as compelling as it used to be. Perhaps its the inevitable result of working with such a young group of central characters while the cast are growing up - but look how well Game of Thrones handled the same issue.

Later this morning, back the dentist for the final appointment to fit my new crown. I've got the top man, who doesn't usually wear a face mask although most of the dentists there do (apart from one who I'm told claims an allergy). I'm not risking another infection and hospital stay - the timings make it possible that I picked up the recent infection at the dentists - so I shall have to take him on about this. Which might be a bit tricky.

The swelling around my ankles - I think I can call it ankle oedema now after a conversation with the cancer nurses yesterday - hasn't subsided as completely as it has been doing overnight. Maybe because I had only three hours lying flat, maybe it's the dex encouraging fluid retention (also low volume of overnight urine production). No doubt that the new footstool downstairs helps, but up here in my study the best I can do while using the computer is one foot at a time up on the shelf underneath the desk top. I'm trying both at once and it is possible, but too uncomfortable to stay with for more than a few minutes.


3 comments:

  1. I went from the last episode of Stranger Things Series 2 to the first of Series 3 and agree that the tone has changed quite markedly, but I'm hopeful it will pick up. I've also been very taken with the British series Years and Years on another streaming service, shown in the UK in July and very topical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed with it until the end of the series which was rather a mess - too many storylines, a lot of violence, some sections that dragged. Despite all this, the acting was still very good and the monsters were well done. Lucas's little sister Erica was a strong addition to the cast: I hope she'll be in Series 4 and that the producers do some serious general rethinking.

    ReplyDelete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...