Sunday 17 November 2019

Roll (17/11/19)

Decent sleep last night after a 05:00 start, then Sue off to a clarinet day in Waterbeach. I took Walter for a roll along the road to the post box and back - not a long way, but about as  much as I feel up to in one go. The right thigh reminded me that it's still there - nothing bad, just a ghost of what it used to be. Made myself a mug of ginger tea - a fairly foul drink made tolerable by a generous teaspoon of Manuka honey stirred in. Both are supposed to be good for digestive health...

Have just got the cat drinking fountain out of the dishwasher, filled it up, and taken it upstairs, only to find that the pump motor isn't working (that bit didn't go in the dishwasher). So now I have to empty it out, take it  back downstairs, and investigate.

One more thing to brighten the day - yesterday we had a pack of hounds (presumably from the Good Easter Hunt) in the garden, and the pond anti-heron netting has been pretty much destroyed. I think I'll track down an address, send them a bill for £100 of repairs, and see what happens.

Cat fountain update: now working again. The pump had somehow got itself out of position. Cats will be happy. Got to remember the important things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...