Tuesday 19 November 2019

Weight (19/11/19)

Going up too far, too fast. Something must be done. I blame the steroids.

Useful things, steroids - you can blame them for almost anything. And when we get to Wednesday, I'll have another two days of Dexamethasone. It all adds to the fun.

Right now my main concern is the ankle oedema, which is definitely getting worse. Not surprisingly, Dr.Ch didn't like the idea of diuretics - too much risk of interfering with kidney function, which I need as close to 100% as possible. He did suggest getting some compression (anti-DVT) stockings off the chemo nurses, and I suppose I'll have to give that a try although I don't fancy the idea after the trouble Sue had with them after her knee replacement.

It's confusing having DVT for Deep Vein Thrombosis as well as DVT for Dexamethasone, Velcade, & Thalidomide. Just another one of life's little trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...