Wednesday 13 November 2019

Trapped nerve

The "trapped nerve" problem in my right thigh - which goes back several decades further than my myeloma or my MGUS - is starting to come back again despite the 20mg of amitriptyline I take every night. Nothing like the searing white-hot knives of old that made doing anything else impossible, now it's just the gentlest of hints that it hasn't gone away altogether and might just decide to come back.

Relevance? None at all, except that if I had to deal with attacks of that in my right leg as well as all the lost mobility on the left side and the oedema in both feet - well, that wouldn't be easy. I have a 'phone consultation with my GP booked for Friday, hope he can come up with something. After all, the amitriptylene was originally his idea as a diagnostic trick to confirm that it is a nerve pain problem, not a treatment.

Also need to talk about blood pressure (now stable again around 110/70 after being very low while I was in hospital), and about any water retention that may be behind the oedema. Diuretics would be the obvious approach, but I don't want to spend any more time p***ing than I do already...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...