Thursday 21 November 2019

RADAR

I have a RADAR key which is supposed to be able to unlock any of 9,000 disabled toilets across the UK. Despite that, I haven't yet found one where mine works. A little research shows that there are actually many slight variants, and mine may be an older type. So I'll have to update with a new one...
More complications! Research also shows that an electronic lock is being introduced which would be an improvement, but no doubt that'll take some time to get out here.

Update: I've opened up a minefield here! Old steel keys (like mine), blue keys, steel keys with blue heads, octagonal shafts, different lock types, cheapo Chinese rip-offs not made to lock-makers'  full specifications, and websites where the shopping baskets don't work. RADAR doesn't exist any more, now we have the NKS (National Key Scheme). Blue keys are supposed to be the new OK ones, but most of them aren't blue, they're steel. Or Chinese and don't work in many of the locks. I'd need half a dozen keys to cover all the possibilities, and the time taken trying to find a right one would rather defeat the fast-access object of the exercise.

I'll come back to it later...

My immediate problem is the constipation, but it's still the case that when the call comes you don't want to hang around. And I got into the RADAR key thing some weeks ago when I didn't know which way (constipation or diarrhoea) the Chemo would take me and wanted to be prepared for everything. And it still might go the other way at some stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...