Tuesday 19 November 2019

Phone call

I just had a phone call from my Haematology consultant Dr.Ch about my blood test results going into Cycle 2 of DVT starting tomorrow. Paraproteins down to 3 (!), all other blood numbers are good. I'm very happy about all that. It'll take another couple of weeks to get the FLC numbers as well. 



Biggest practical problem at the moment - apart from the constipation, and I'm aiming to be more proactive about that - is the ankle/foot oedema, which is getting to the point where putting shoes on is quite a battle. I have naturally high insteps anyway, which makes finding comfortable shoes hard enough even without the swelling. The consultant didn't like the idea of diuretics yesterday because of possible kidney complications, but he's changed his mind now and says a short course of mild diuretics from the GP would be worth trying. So I'll try it.


 NB Strange formatting seems to be because I copied'n'pasted this in from the MyelomaUK forum. First time I've been that lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...