Thursday 21 November 2019

Chemo Cycle 2 (20/11/19)

Went in to Springfield today for my Velcade shot and a new bagful of chemo pills to start Cycle 2.Took the 20mg of dex while there, so it's a dex night tonight. And again tomorrow night...
Got home and did the Pill Organisation Thing, then off to the Belvedere Jazz Club with sax-playing friend Trefor for a superb evening of small band jazz with Vasilis Xenopoulos and Freddie Gavita. Just what I needed.
Have sent a note to the GP requesting a diuretic to attack the ankle & foot oedema, need to call in there over the next couple of days to pick up more MST and Amitriptyline (every time I write that I have trouble remembering where the 'y' goes!)

Tomorrow (or later today) I have to drive Sue to the Cardiology unit in Basildon for her angiogram and possible stent(s) fitting. We have to be there for 15:00 and the procedure is scheduled for 17:30.  Allowing for a late start and a couple of hours recovery from the sedation, I doubt we'll be leaving for home very much before 22:00. They've told her to go prepared for an overnight stay, which seems quite likely.

3 comments:

  1. I've used Fybogel occasionally. I think one sachet a day is probably not enough to be effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm taking things slowly and combining with senna, other things to come later. Seems to be working OK so far, and I don't want to tip things beyond the balance point into the other direction! Have been advised to try Laxido on the MyelomaUK forum and I've got a supply in, but holding back on that for the moment. The priority is to get Sue to Basildon Cardiology and back without unscheduled stops on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. you can see bike pricing

    ReplyDelete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...