Saturday 9 November 2019

09/11/19

Four hours good sleep again last night. Sue commented on how "upbeat" I sounded this morning - and that's half the problem with this early stage of myeloma. Apart from being physically more limited than before - I doubt I'll ever be able to keep up with a powered lawnmower again - most of the time I feel perfectly well and it's hard to remember that I have an incurable disease and that the long-term trend is only going one way, even if we can hold it off for a while from time to time.
Reading through all the posts on the MyelomaUK forum and on the Facebook group, it becomes obvious that I was lucky to get an early diagnosis (even though it might have been a couple of months earlier) compared with people who developed far worse bone problems before their GP or equivalent realised what was going on. The massive hit of steroids that Dr.Ko gave me while I was still with the NHS at Broomfield seems to have stopped the bone lesions in their tracks (helped by the radiotherapy for the big hip one). With luck it'll be a long time before they start getting worse again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...