Saturday 6 November 2021

06/11/21 October bloods, dermatology

The October blood test results came through yesterday - #33 and counting - and the good news is that paraproteins are still at zero, free light chains are all within normal range, and everything else is either normal or close enough not to worry about.

Went to Ongar in the afternoon for a little gentle practice to test my right arm out. It's OK, just about, and I'm reasonably certain that after another day's rest I'll be fine for the Winter League game on Sunday morning. Playing a match is less intensive than practice as you have to wait for everyone else to take their turn.

MyelomaUK has produced a document and a letter addressing the never-ending problem of confusion over the third COVID vaccine - Primary 3 or Booster or what? Unfortunately it isn't as well-written as it might  be and probably does as much to increase confusion as to resolve it. By strange coincidence they also sent me a document about MGUS to review and check for readability...

Finished the  RUDY questionnaires that I have to do every six months for the PREPARE study. It seemed much harder to get through this time, and I'm far from sure about some of my answers.

I had a letter from the NHS about my dermatology referral for these mini-rashes that might be vasculitis (and suggestive of more serious blood vessel inflammation internally), or a harmless side-effect of lenalidomide, or almost anything. I was offered a choice of five hospitals to make an appointment - every one of them said "There are currently no appointments available for you to select at this clinic".

NHS admin triumphs again!

So, as suggested, I've sent an appointment request to Broomfield. Now we wait for something to happen. And wait. And wait some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...