Thursday 18 November 2021

18/11/21 Shower, eggs

More about the shower: Once I was reasonably awake I was going through guarantees and orders and trying to find invisible product codes and serial numbers (all needed to summon up a Mira service man) not to mention hanging on the 'phone waiting for a human to answer, when Sue had a blast of inspiration downstairs. Strange noise from outside the bathroom window. Turned out that somebody (not me) had left the outside tap turned on. There's a hose from that to a distributor block, and one of the hoses connected to that had blown off with the unrelieved pressure, and therefore mains pressure water was flooding out, resulting in low pressure and flow in the house - low enough for the very sensible shower to turn its heating element off. All now restored to normal, but all that rushing around in the morning knocked me out until lunchtime. And that's the myeloma relevance - I just don't have the stamina to take those sorts of things in my stride any more.

Woke up in time to scramble a couple of eggs for lunch (and to poach one for Sue) before heading for Ongar for a little light practice. I was rubbish but it got me very close to my activity target. And I completely forgot that I should have been on a MyelomaUK Zoom meeting...



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...