Wednesday 3 November 2021

03/11/21 Right shoulder, backgammon, chargers.

The right shoulder / neck is much improved, and probably helped by sacrificing an evening's boules yesterday. Depending on how things go with the weather we're planning lunch and a walk at Papermill Lock, I might go for an hour or so of gentle practice at Ongar in the afternoon. The trouble is that you go for a quiet practice at your own pace, and then you get drawn into a game.... Then online backgammon at 17:00. I've had an extraordinary run of good dice for a couple of weeks, but it can't last much longer. I'm almost looking forward to the pendulum swinging back the other way, just to confirm that the Cosmic Balance always wins in the end.



T








Too many rechargeable devices - my Samsung smartwatch (now somehow restored to health after recent problems I may not have mentioned), my "spare" watch / fitness tracker, my Oura Ring, my USB handwarmer and two batteries for the heated gloves, the EarPAP, my phone, my Surface laptop, and a few more. I'm setting out to rationalise the whole spiderweb of chargers and charging cables.That's a project that should keep me busy for a day or three and won't do my boule-throwing arm any harm..

I mentioned my phone, which now spends its nights on my bedside table running several "health" apps including SnoreLab - which last night gave ne a Snore Score of 151. Which is not good. Still waiting for my Christmas present of a shiny new CPAP machine from the NHS...

There's a possible mini-rash appearing on my right wrist, but not in the usual place. Will keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...