Friday 19 November 2021

19/11/21 King's Head, Birchanger

Went to Ongar for some shopping and a shortish walk followed by lunch at the King's Head. They used to do a superb Scotch egg with prosciutto and sage which we both fancied but the menu has changed and now it's with chorizo and sundried tomato sauce. Not that either of us could taste any chorizo. The egg was medium hard, not oozy at all, and the outside was blackened - obviously too long in the fryer. We should have sent them back to try again, but who wants that extra wait while they do it?

Most of my cappuccino - delivered by a pleasant young waitress doing her best - arrived in the saucer rather than in the cup, but my dessert of apple and berry crumble was the best part of the meal. I ordered it with vanilla ice-cream rather than salted caramel. I just don't see the point of that -why add to my salt and sugar intake in return for no particular pleasure?

Good boules at Birchanger in the evening,even though my side lost a close match by just one point. Here's the GPS tracker of the evening from my pedometer app:















Everything else as normal - the mini-rash has nearly faded completely, and the right hand finger and thumb - both with splits that are neither fully formed or healed - are staying about the same thanks to the heated gloves. Nevertheless, hands and fingers are a bit dry and scaly so I think I'll do the massive hand cream and cotton gloves thing tonight.

No boules scheduled for later today. Instead, cleaning out the back of the car and tidying up fallen leaves in the garden - if I have the stamina for both. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...