Wednesday 17 November 2021

16/11/21 (2) Dreaming, shower

Rather a strange night. After falling asleep in my chair in my study (not unusual these days) I went to bed a little after 03:00 and was sure I had a badly interrupted and sleepless night until  got up at about 08:00. But the various sensors that now monitor my sleep are all agreed that there were only a few small interruptions and it was basically a good night. So I've been dreaming that I've been awake and not dreaming...

The double senna worked, and now about to go for a walk in Central Park.

(LATER) Had a good walk in the park, and I followed it up with a local walk for Parish Council purposes - more dog waste on the pavements so looking for good sites for some more posters, and clearing overgrowing vegetation which is hiding our 40mph sign. Unfortunately I couldn't reach high enough with just a pair of secateurs so will have to go back with something longer.

Hard rain in the evening so I abandoned the usual Tuesday evening boules at Tower in favour of  staying at home and watching the Bake Off semi-final. Needless to say, I slept through most of it. I think two walks in one day took a bit too much out of me. It's not so much the exercise itself but the energy needed to get the second one going. I found it really hard work coming back home, which means I was more drained than I thought.

And then my thermostatic electric shower failed. I think the heating element must have blown. Wasted the best part of an hour trying to book a repair online, will have to 'phone later in the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...