Tuesday 2 November 2021

02/11/21 Misjudgement and massage gun

I badly misjudged my abilities yesterday. Played decent boules at Epping in the morning (three games, won two and lost one). Had lunch in the car on the way back (a Jamie Oliver egg,tomato, and salad cream sandwich from a petrol station and topped my diesel at the same time). Then felt quite energised at home and as it was a decently warm day I  decided to tackle a job on the big pond that I've been wanting to do for a long time - basically to break the big lily patch into two and haul one of them to the other end. It was far harder than I had anticipated even with the new extendable Gardena rake, and I badly overdid the exertion. Half an hour later I could barely move my head and neck to the right at all and it was very painful. At least it makes a change from having little movement to the left...

Some hours later after four Ibuprofen (and another two coming in an hour or so) on top of the usual pills,  a hot shower, and a plentiful application of the Universal Panacea (Deep Heat). it's starting to feel quite a bit better. There's even a chance of a decent sleep.

Now to get the massage gun out and give it a few minutes at minimum setting. I've already done that once and it seemed to help.



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...