Sunday 14 November 2021

14/11/21 Great Notley

Several posts on the facebook group yesterday (including one from me) on the same theme: although we tend to take paraprotein numbers followed by the light chain ratio and absolute numbers as the main indicators of myeloma activity, that's not the full story. There are the "non-secretory" forms of the disease and it can still be affecting bone structure and lytic lesions even if those indicators are all good. It's a tricky little b****r of a disease.

On that theme, another mini-rash has appeared on my right wrist - close to the position of the earlier ones but a cm or two further round. This one's about 3mm diameter and at the dark red stage. I suppose it's possible these rashes may be caused by some aspect of the myeloma (triggering vasculitis?) rather than a side-effect of the treatment. I think I have some reading up to do about that possibility.

Post-shower ankle oedema is quite marked tonight. I'd take a Furosemide before breakfast, but I have boules (Ongar) at 10:00. Maybe with the lunchtime pills when I get back.#

The weight gain produced by two birthday meals out seems to have worked itself out - I'm back to 94.8kg out of the shower, to be set against 95.3 yesterday morning. So I'm expecting a good number later this morning.

We went to Great Notley Country Park for a decent walk - something we both felt a need for after a few lazy days. My pedometer app reported:



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...