Wednesday 24 November 2021

24/11/21 Trisomy of FGFR3

For some reason I don't understand my haematologist Dr.Ch has been reluctant to divulge the full details of the  genetic analysis of my myeloma (mutant plasma cells) from the bone marrow biopsy back in 2019. But I now have a letter confirming that the FISH (Fluorescent In-Situ Hybridisation, IIRC) revealed trisomy of the FGFR3 gene on the short arm of chromosome 4 in 50% of the plasma cells examined. More about this later, but it actually feels rather good to have a genetic basis of my disease confirmed.

Here's the relevant bit (4p16)on the left hand end:







and here's human chromosome 4 in all its glory:



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...