Saturday 13 November 2021

13/11/21 Olio

A slightly less sleepy day yesterday. Should have been U2A Boules at Ongar, but too wet.even for a practice, and much of the piste was several layers deep in fallen autumn leaves.

No new mini-rashes and all the old ones have healed nicely. No other side-effects of either len or dex to report - I'm doing rather well compared to the experiences of on that pair but there's no doubt that they do slow me down and take quite a toll on the resources. They're not just pills you can take and then carry on as normal.

In the evening we went to Olio in Writtle (Italian restaurant) for a late birthday dinner. I had a dish (Lunnette al Tartufo) which I had as a takeaway during lockdown - possibly the best pasta dish I've ever eaten. Inevitably last night's version, although good, fell a long way short of that level. Moral: Never Go Back!

Sue took this photo as the waiters finished singing me a surprise "Happy Birthday". The effort was appreciated, but not too many fine Neopolitan tenors among them...



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...