Saturday, 13 November 2021

13/11/21 Olio

A slightly less sleepy day yesterday. Should have been U2A Boules at Ongar, but too wet.even for a practice, and much of the piste was several layers deep in fallen autumn leaves.

No new mini-rashes and all the old ones have healed nicely. No other side-effects of either len or dex to report - I'm doing rather well compared to the experiences of on that pair but there's no doubt that they do slow me down and take quite a toll on the resources. They're not just pills you can take and then carry on as normal.

In the evening we went to Olio in Writtle (Italian restaurant) for a late birthday dinner. I had a dish (Lunnette al Tartufo) which I had as a takeaway during lockdown - possibly the best pasta dish I've ever eaten. Inevitably last night's version, although good, fell a long way short of that level. Moral: Never Go Back!

Sue took this photo as the waiters finished singing me a surprise "Happy Birthday". The effort was appreciated, but not too many fine Neopolitan tenors among them...



No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...