Friday 2 April 2021

02/04/21

Busy day yesterday. Started by getting up early (by my standards) to book an Early Bird ticket for the Writtle Jazz Festival in August. Then I made some butter and a loaf of soda bread using the buttermilk from the butter-making. After that I assembled the new footstool I had to get from Up The Jungle (one of the castors on the old one broke a day or two ago). I need the footstool to keep my legs elevated as much as possible to help the oedema. After lunch, did the triangle walk then fell so thoroughly asleep that I was the best part of ten minutes late for online backgammon. Disgraceful!

The pain I get from what, as far as my doctors have been able to determine, is a trapped nerve in my right thigh was bad this morning (BTW, it goes back some thirty-five years, way before myeloma). Standing in pretty much the same place for too long, as when cooking, often triggers it and today it was like red hot knives stabbing into my leg. Not fun at all.  I take 40mg of Amitriptyline a day to keep on top of it, but that had no impact at all this time. On top of that I've got some sort of muscular problem just above my right hip, and both knees are giving trouble which seems to relate to twinges in the tendons behind the knee. Coping with that lot may explain the all-out collapse I had after getting home from the exercise. Even walking around the house has been slow and troublesome. But all things pass, and this probably will by tomorrow. It just takes up metabolic energy that I'd rather use to keep the myeloma at bay. On the other hand, the finger splits have continued to improve. The bad one on the end of my right thumb is a little better, and that's after going out for my walk on a much cooler day without even thinking about taking a pair of gloves with me.

UPDATE: The various aches and pains are better today and I'm awarding myself a very quiet day. It's a lot colder after that three-day heatwave, just right for opening up some more finger splits. Going to have some lunch now, then maybe a short walk (with gloves) before tea and backgammon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

25/03/24 Back to Boules

First session of 2024 yesterday as the temperature was not too bad yesterday morning and for once it wasn't raining. Played two doubles ...