Friday 30 April 2021

30/04/21 Lawnmower

Nothing new on the myeloma front again, just ticking over on the routine pills, trying to keep the constipation and the oedema in balance, and getting on with daily life.

Late morning brought a new delivery of our Swiss Water Decaffeinated coffee - I get a pack every three weeks to keep the espresso machine well fed. Despite the packaging our postman goes into raptures over the small of the coffee... 

A little later I got a delivery of three new "Competition" boules and a few accessories. My old set of six cheapo ones had started to rust badly after spending too many cold damp winters in the workshop and although they're sort of OK on the lawn, just a couple of matches on the hard surface at Ongar caused the chrome plating to start to chip and break away. Three is all you need to play singles, doubles, or trebles, as long as the other players have their own. My new ones are slightly smaller and lighter than the old ones, which I think will suit me better. Will try to get down to Ongar this afternoon to give them a try and maybe play a match or two.

Also picked up a new electric-start lawn mower from Len's Lawnmowers near Writtle., Went on to Writtle and had a bit of a walk in  Brewhouse Hoppit, a strangely named piece of land next to the Writtle Co-Op:











One side is bounded by the (rather small) River Wid, and I found
this attractive spot:











I might have found that quite interesting in  my coarse fishing days.

And here's a very posh Bentley in the Writtle car park...



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...