Thursday 15 April 2021

15/04/21 FeedBurner, Maldon, failure

First, for anyone who accesses this blog with Google's FeedBurner (and I don't think there is anyone), Google have announced that it will be discontinued from July 2021. You'll have to find another way.

It was a pleasant warm morning so we went to Promenade Park in Maldon for the first time in quite a while. It had become such a popular "exercise" destination earlier in lockdown that the local council had to take the unusual step of banning visitors from outside the town. The weather got cloudier and colder as we got close to the coast, and  by the time we finished lunch a biting cold wind had sprung up and we were forced to cut the walk short and retreat to the car. As a result, I achieved only about three-quarters of my activity target. First time I've fallen short since I got the  health-monitoring ring.

For lunch we avoided the temptation of the excellent sausage rolls at the cafe and had a beef slice (Sue) and a chicken & mushroom slice (me). I'm no healthy eating fanatic, either normally or since the myeloma struck, but last week had three lots of processed meat (sausage rolls for lunch twice, and sausages for an evening meal because we couldn't get the pork loin steaks that we wanted from Tesco's home delivery. So this has to be a week (at least) off. No sausages, no bacon.

Thames wherries at Maldon Quay. Some of them are converted into floating restaurants, others do tourist trips, and a very few are still working boats:










Looking in the other direction from the cafe, interesting sky as the cold wind  blew up:













The end-of-finger (and thumb) splits have continued to improve, but of course that's not the end of it. I now have a modest collection of new splits on the sides of my fingers. This one is on the second knuckle of my right middle finger. It has an impact way beyond its size!









No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...