Tuesday 20 April 2021

20/04/21 Shopping!

After that very early start we had breakfast at the usual time and after that I headed out do a small food shop at the Marks & Spencer Food Hall in a retail park on our side of Chelmsford. All masked and sanitised it was a bit of a strange experience being in a shop again after a year,  but definitely a big step back towards "normal".

By the afternoon it had warmed up a lot, so I did the replacement of the 4-way Hozelock thing:











It's important to keep on doing small jobs around the house. It keeps you involved and stops you worrying about what may be to come as the disease develops... Live for the day, the future will take care of itself!

No finger split trouble from that, for which I give credit to the warmer temperature and the new moisturising hand cream. I still have one small split at the end of my right index finger but it is getting better and should be gone in a couple of days if I don't knock it back. I've also developed rather brittle fingernails over the last few weeks. There are many possible explanations, including just getting older, and I'm just treating by making sure they get their fair share of the moisturiser. Will mention it to Dr.Ch next time.

The Fybogel did have a small effect, so I'm back to just Senna tonight. It's always a very delicate balance...

Activity targets met by lots of walking between the garage (where the tools etc. are) and the oil tank, which is more or less where the hose fitting is. So no walk yesterday, but we'll try to make up for that later today. I need a good long(ish) one.

Hoping for a bit more sleep tonight. I've had the last dex of the week so should be in with a good chance.

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog. . .my husband was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma 09/2020.It was a shock as he really had no symptoms to speak of. Went to doctors with back pain after helping adult kids build a gazebo in yard. . .:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a common story. I'm very involved with arguing for early diagnosis for Myeloma. I was lucky that when I went to my GP with new and different back pain he was onto the possibility of bone cancer straight away. I'm sure that's why my "journey" has been relatively easy so far. Glad you've found the b;og, hope you find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...