Saturday 17 April 2021

17/04/21 Udderly Smooth, and Dex

To Springfield yesterday morning for bloods and the next cycle's meds. The insertion of the needle was as painless as I've ever known - I honestly think that if I hadn't been looking I wouldn't have known the needle had gone in. And now I have as big and ugly a bruise in my left elbos as I've ever had. Strange...

Also had the monthly COVID swab as well. And one of the nurses suggested something new for my finger splits:











Udderly Smooth. It's certainly the least greasy and most quickly absorbed of all the things I've tried. Too early yet to know if it works any better.

Stopped for a shortish walk (with stick only) in Tower Gardens and Admiral's Park on the way home. The Parks & Gardens people have done some very colourful planting this spring:









The reason it was a shortish walk is that Sue was going out in the afternoon and the pond people were expected to come. It was supposed to be Saturday but they rang in the morning to say it would be Friday. Needless to say they didn't arrive and in the evening we had a 'phone call (stuck in traffic, etc. etc.) to say it would be Saturday after all.  Sue's out in the morning so I'll have to stay in. The best thing about that is that it will be a perfect opportunity for a Furosemide (diuretic) pill.  I should be able to get out for a decent length walk in the afternoon, once the effects have worn off.

Today's activity target of 400 (arbitrary units) just met with a score of 402. At one level I dislike and reject these targets, but on another level they give me a bit of discipline about regular exercise and there is a distinct pleasure in beating the target. Even if only by 2.

Instead of Wednesday and Thursday for dex I've decided on Saturday and Sunday mornings. That gets me started later today, and it should be easy to remember dex on weekend mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...