Saturday 10 April 2021

10/04/21 Braintree and Bocking, and weight

Finger splits better, and only one of them still giving much trouble. The others have improved faster than expected, and the trick will be not to set them back again.

We went to Braintree & Bocking Gardens for a shortish walk (and the inevitable coffees). Sunny, and with an air of increasing normality about it, but still a cold wind. I had to go back to the car because I forgot gloves the first  time.

Activity targets for the day met - but only just. I should aim to do better over the w/end.


First day of the current cycle with no Lenalidomide (and no dex, of course). Next week I expect to be back on both.

Had quite a bad crash after dinner - kept falling asleep, no energy to do anything except read, and stayed downstairs with Sue's choice of television rather than coming upstairs to the computers and my TV. Probably due to a number of things going on that I haven't written about because they have no connection at all to my myeloma, but they've consumed a lot of time and effort over the last week but now most of them are sorted or starting to be resolved. So pressure off (well, some of it) and maybe I was just reacting to that.

Fingers (also feet and ankles) still quite swollen, I probably should go on to regular alternate-day Furosemide and damn the consequences for walks etc.. It worked last time. Also, I've put on too much weight over the last week or three. Some of it must be fluid retention but I need to pay more attention to portion sizes and snacks between meals...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...