Friday 16 April 2021

16/04/21 Lateral Flow tests

Not much myelomatous to write about tonight. Going to Springfield later for what the Americans would call a blood draw and to collect the meds for the next cycle. That will include some dex to put me back on the standard len/dex treatment and TBH I'll be glad of that even though it may lead to more dex nights, the return of the constipation, and etc.. I'll cope with all of those for the sake of being on the best treatment for the current state of the disease. We didn't find much about the cause of the excessive sleepiness, so that's just another of the things I'll have to live with.

No change on the finger splits. 

On other matters, my first set of free COVID lateral flow tests arrived in yesterday's post. I've had the swabs done professionally nine times now, so I know what it should feel like in the back of the throat and up the nose. Sue decided she wanted the tests as well, so as I was close to Writtle anyway this afternoon (last-ditch attempt to solve The Lawnmower Problem and if I haven't written about that before I'm not going to do it now) so I went to the pharmacy there and picked up a kit for her, combining it with enough of a walk to get well past my Activity targets. Good to be able to go into a shop again, even if it means using a face mask and checking to be sure there isn't another customer in there first.

I'm taking up this offer of free COVID tests because, having a compromised immune system because of the myeloma, the sooner I detect COVID in my system (should it ever get there), the better.

We've been wondering why each box contains seven test kits. I now have the answer: 2 tests a week for 3 weeks = 6 plus 1 "spare". Why they didn't go for the more obvious 4 weeks, I have no idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...