Wednesday 28 April 2021

28/04/21 New chair

I haven't blogged for a couple of days, which is unusual. Nothing significant has happened in relation to either Myeloma or COVID, I haven't been out for any walks (but I have comfortably met my activity targets). I've just been busy with stuff at home - fixing punctures, sorting out online banking problems and replacing my old office chair in my study (it was largely held together by duct tape after at least fifteen years of faithful service) with a new one. That was more complicated than it might sound because of the need to completely disassemble the old one in situ before moving the bits downstairs and into the garage before the final journey to the tip. Here's the new one:














This one has an extending footrest and reclines much further back than the old one did, so even better for falling asleep in here...

Several features of medical interest here - infra-red thermometer, two blood pressure monitors, pack of lateral flow COVID tests,. box of alcohol swabs, couple of weights for exercise (and under-desk exercise bike almost hidden behind the chair). And the tangle of electrical spaghetti on the right is nothing compared to the one on the other side that you can't see!

Later today we plan to go to Marsh Farm Country Park in South Woodham Ferrers on the estuary of the River Crouch - should be some interesting (and flat) walking there. But there is some rain forecast so plans might change if it's worse than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...