Thursday 1 April 2021

01/04/21 Pfizer II and Ongar

 Good walk yesterday morning on a route that Sue discovered recently round the back of Ongar High Street on the eastern side. First stop for coffee here:








 

Note the date of the building - 1642. 

On to the walk proper. Photo taken by Sue on her earlier solo exploration:











At the end of the walk near the Library we found a Boules pitch, or whatever you call it:









One member of the local club was practicing while waiting for some friends to turn up and give him a game. He had a purpose-made magnet on a string which he used to pick up his balls (boules?) without having to bend down. I might almost be tempted...

That walk gave me a few thousand steps (my phone, my watch, Google Fit, Samsung Health, and Move Spring all give different results!), so the Muscles4Myeloma "challenge" is now over and done with, for whatever that may be worth. I'll continue just the same...

And then off to our second Pfizer injections. Afterwards I felt a slight heaviness in the left (injection) arm for a few minutes, and then a very slight muzzy light-headed feeling that passed in a few minutes. Nothing at the injection site itself, but that may develop later. I'm just very glad to have it done, and it was ten weeks since the first one.

Alarms are set to wake me up to be online by 08:00 to book an Early Bird ticket for the Writtle Jazz Festival on August 8th. We'll see how things go on as we emerge (we hope) from the COVID nightmare, but I'm thinking of that as my first big step back to normality and lots of live music. Quite a lot of the time will be outside, and the two stages will be in marquees that will have plenty of ventilation. In September I have a ticket (postponed from last year) for Tannhauser at Saffron Hall. That - assuming it goes ahead - will mean more people in close proximity and rather less ventilation. We'll see. Maybe we'll have to produce vaccination certificates by then...


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...