Monday 19 April 2021

19/04/21 Dex night #2

Went for a morning walk in Leaden Roding woods near the cricket ground. It was rather longer than intended because we got a little lost in the woods, not having been in there since late summer of last year we had forgotten some of the routes and landmarks we learned last year. We found our way out again, but inevitably Sue and I had rather different ideas about how to get there...









Lots of primroses at ground level. The result of the extended walk was to get me well past all my activity targets - my ring reports a bit more than three times over its target for yesterday. Now it'll probably tell me I did too much...

In the afternoon I rewound the three hose reels needed to top up the big pond. One of them jammed solid so I had to take it apart to find and fix the problem. None of that was good for my hands and I do appear to have started one new finger split on the right index as well as getting some nasty abrasions on a knuckle of my left middle finger. It's all to do with steroid induced skin thinning, I think. But the new hand moisturiser is by some distance the best I've come across, and I've made liberal use of it in the hope of stopping the new split before it develops.

Slept well last night despite the dex, and hoping for the same tonight.

After just one night of dex there are signs of the constipation problem coming back. I've taken a Fybogel on top of the usual Senna in the hope of being a bit more proactive than in the past and getting ahead of the game before it develops any further. I'll do anything to avoid getting to the glycerine suppository stage again, although I'm armed and ready if it should come to that... Laxido tonight if there's any hint of a need for it.

Two more possible issues. My fingernails have become rather brittle - many possible explanations for that, and my blood pressure readings have gone a bit higher and more erratic recently. I think it's time to contact my GP to talk about going back onto low dose Felodipine to bring it back under control. It all seemed to go a bit erratic after the beta blocker propranolol a while ago,

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...