Friday 23 April 2021

23/04/21 Sausage rolls and finger splits

It's a week since the last blood tests, so my next job is to send the chemo nurses at Springfield the usual email to get the results. 

Today's walk was twice round Oaklands Park (more or less) with coffees and we took this week's processed meat allowance home in the form of a sausage roll. In the afternoon I had to drive Sue to Ongar and back, then it was backgammon time, and there's most of another day gone.

Later this morning Gigaclear are due to arrive to install our new 300 (or possibly 400) mbps fibre connection. Decent internet speeds at last! I'm "Broadband Co-ordinator" for the village, and this has been a long time coming. Hard to remember that when we moved out here nearly nineteen years ago we were stuck on a dial-up connection before getting ADSL broadband, and that was only 2 or 4mbps for a few years.

Otherwise, finger splits doing well The one on top of the knuckle of my right thumb has a few days to go but the others are all healed now. It may not seem much but it makes a huge difference to everyday life and getting things done. It's particularly good that they've healed although I'm back on the dex.

Now I must go and write that email so the nurses see it first thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...