Monday 3 May 2021

03/05/21 Dex and Boules

Dex night #2 coming. Nothing particular to get up for in the morning, so hoping for rather more than two hours sleep!

Played boules yesterday morning - three proper matches and one fun/practice one. It takes me at least one match to get my eye in and start playing some decent throws. Have also entered the singles and doubles competitions - finals day (should I get that far) is in September. More realistically, I expect to be eliminated from both in the first round... Be that as it may, this has done a lot for my gradual emergence into the real world, and the discipline of regular sessions on Sunday mornings and Wednesday afternoons (although not this coming Wednesday when I have another commitment at a pub/restaurant in Saffron Walden) will give some welcome structure to my weeks in the absence of live music. Very pleased that we stumbled onto Ongar Boules. It's a plus both for COVID and for Myeloma.

Later today, if the weather is even half decent, we'll make a little expedition somewhere for the daily exercise. Yesterday I comfortably exceeded my target without a walk - it's surprising how much good walking up and down a boules piste can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...