Monday, 3 May 2021

03/05/21 Dex and Boules

Dex night #2 coming. Nothing particular to get up for in the morning, so hoping for rather more than two hours sleep!

Played boules yesterday morning - three proper matches and one fun/practice one. It takes me at least one match to get my eye in and start playing some decent throws. Have also entered the singles and doubles competitions - finals day (should I get that far) is in September. More realistically, I expect to be eliminated from both in the first round... Be that as it may, this has done a lot for my gradual emergence into the real world, and the discipline of regular sessions on Sunday mornings and Wednesday afternoons (although not this coming Wednesday when I have another commitment at a pub/restaurant in Saffron Walden) will give some welcome structure to my weeks in the absence of live music. Very pleased that we stumbled onto Ongar Boules. It's a plus both for COVID and for Myeloma.

Later today, if the weather is even half decent, we'll make a little expedition somewhere for the daily exercise. Yesterday I comfortably exceeded my target without a walk - it's surprising how much good walking up and down a boules piste can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...