Saturday 8 May 2021

08/05/21 Breakfast, Panels

Continuing to emerge gradually into the real world, we went for breakfast at The Hare. I wanted to order Eggs Benedict with a Garnett's sausage (a combination I've had there before) but they said "Sorry, we haven't got any  hollandaise."  Hmm. Maybe they make a big batch early on and the saucier wasn't in for some reason. I'm sure theirs is too good to come out of a jar. So instead I had a Full English:










Note the absence of baked beans, which I do not regard as a proper part of an English, and also of black pudding, which definitely should be there! And I couldn't resist taking a bite out of that sausage before the photo...

It was cold on the terrace, but the view was fine:


















After breakfast we went to Admirals Park to work off some of the calories, and discovered a new bit:













Not much in the afternoon, but after dinner I attacked the printer problem and this time the re-installation worked perfectly. That's one big problem out of the way.

Yesterday was the start of week 4 of the current consolidation cycle, which means no Lenalidomide for seven days (the dex continues). Dr.Ch always seems surprised when I report no perceptible difference in how I feel for the first three weeks with Len against the fourth week without but that's the way it is for me, no matter how other people do.

Two dex nights coming...

Two or three MyelomaUK Panel requests have arrived in my email. I've completed one survey and said I'm willing to do some video and an interview about "darkness into light" after diagnosis up to the point where a treatment plan is sorted out and things start to look better. On the other hand, I might just play Mahler 5... One of the requests is about the up-and-coming gene therapy CAR-T which is the big hope for effective treatment for people on third or fourth line, and possibly even the long-awaited cure for myeloma. But I haven't got past first line so I probably won't fit the pattern for that one.

Another pack (my second) has arrived from RUDY (the Rare Diseases study I'm involved with). I have to get some bloods taken to be sent off. Unfortunately our GP surgery has decided to stop "routine" blood tests and only do ones ordered by one of their doctors (I don't know why and intend to find out through the Patient Group, another thing I'm on)..So I have to go to the Chelmsford Health Hub behind the bus station which is all very well but involves a few parking problems, or a lot of pointless waiting time if using the buses. And I'm not going on public transport just yet! Patients without cars will have some real problems getting there. I feel a little campaign coming on to reverse that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...