Tuesday 18 May 2021

18/05/21 Good news - or at least I hope so!

 I've got the result from my COVID antibody test:














(Click the image for an enlarged version)

I'm trying - without success so far - to find out what that number of 0.8 U/ml (International Standard Units per millilitre) means, apart from being the threshold between negative and positive. And it doesn't say how far above that threshold I am. But (with due caution about false positives) I know I haven't had COVID so any spike protein antibodies in my blood can only have come as a response to the two doses of Pfizer vaccine. It doesn't mean I'm about to throw out all my face masks and bottles of hand sanitiser, but it does give me a huge boost in confidence about going back to "normality" (Indian variant permitting!)

What this result means (assuming it can be taken at face value) is that my myeloma-damaged immune system isn't too badly damaged - still capable of generating a response to an antigen it hasn't seen before. And that is very good to know - I've been feeling positively euphoric since the result arrived, as I had been telling myself to get ready to get a negative .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

4 comments:

  1. Interesting and interesting information can be found on this topic here profile worth to see it. Ars Projecta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I was just browsing along and came upon your blog. Just wanted to say good blog and this article helped me a lot, due to which I have found exactly I was looking. voiceofandhra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asharq arab news Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SEO Overtake your competitors and stay on top of Google by utilising our scientifically proven targeted, cost-effective, and results-oriented SEO method. SEM Marketing via search engines includes both SEO and PPC. https://seoactivators.com/ca/seo-services-calgary/
    In SEM, you pay to have your website appear on the first page of relevant search results. Marketing on Social Media Using Social Media Marketing, you can turn your brand's story into business success. Targeting clicks to sales closings, conversions, and more. https://redleos.com/

    ReplyDelete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...