Thursday 6 May 2021

06/05/21 Saffron Walden and ultrafast fibre

Again, not much to say about the myeloma. Had a letter from the oral surgeon confirming no remaining signs of the exposed bone and firmly refusing to offer any advice on going back to Zometa or some other bisphosphonate, handing that decision on to my haematologist. At the time I was told to do anything possible to avoid more jaw trauma e.g. with another extraction but the letter goes a bit further, saying that any tooth  extraction should be done in hospital under the care of an oral surgeon. I intend to make sure that never has to happen...

We had lunch in Saffron Walden with old friends - first pub lunch for three of us for well over a year, and a very welcome one. There are still plenty of ways in which things could go badly wrong, but it does feel as if we're beginning to see the end of this infernal pandemic.

By the time we got home after that lunch, our fibre provider Gigaclear had been and gone after successfully clearing the blocked duct, and blown fibre all the way through to the nearest street-level cabinet. I found a "Self-Installtion" email (I was expecting a hard copy version through the letterbox), worked my way through it (took all of the evening, having to repeat several stages before they worked), and am now connected at a blistering 268 mbps - and that should improve over the next few days.

At last! It's been a long time coming.

Somewhere I've mislaid my tube of Udderly Smooth. Now that IS a real problem!


Woke up 06:00 to an interesting view outside the back windows - bright sun, fading early morning mist, and a sharp frost:










Update: Found the Udderly Smooth. Just one split causing trouble, on the side of the first knuckle of right index finger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...