Sunday 9 May 2021

09/05/21 (3) Boules, Thermomix, Dex #1

A very pleasant warm Sunday morning at Ongar Boules. Played three matches, my teams lost all three but I won a couple of ends with some good throws. I don't yet have a sufficiently grooved and repeatable delivery swing and release. Have just ordered a set of eight cheap stainless steel boules for back garden practice - the ones we've had for years are plated, they're getting rusty and the chrome is flaking away. Going to the tip, I think. Rain started just as I was packing up to leave, so that was well-timed. I'm definitely feel that regular boules is good for me.

The Thermomix problem is fixed - all it took was turning it off and physically unplugging overnight to let any remaining charge in its electronics drain away. Everything worked perfectly - WiFi included - when I powered up again after lunch.












As for myeloma, dex night#1 was't too bad. Got to bed a little after 2, was awake and up 06:30. Nothing else new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...