Sunday, 9 May 2021

09/05/21 (3) Boules, Thermomix, Dex #1

A very pleasant warm Sunday morning at Ongar Boules. Played three matches, my teams lost all three but I won a couple of ends with some good throws. I don't yet have a sufficiently grooved and repeatable delivery swing and release. Have just ordered a set of eight cheap stainless steel boules for back garden practice - the ones we've had for years are plated, they're getting rusty and the chrome is flaking away. Going to the tip, I think. Rain started just as I was packing up to leave, so that was well-timed. I'm definitely feel that regular boules is good for me.

The Thermomix problem is fixed - all it took was turning it off and physically unplugging overnight to let any remaining charge in its electronics drain away. Everything worked perfectly - WiFi included - when I powered up again after lunch.












As for myeloma, dex night#1 was't too bad. Got to bed a little after 2, was awake and up 06:30. Nothing else new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...