Monday 10 May 2021

10/05/21 (2) Dentist

Todays 'phone consultation with Dr.Ch came in early - I wasn't expecting it until this evening. We were at a neighbour's, having coffee in the garden and meeting her new baby for the first time. We talked about the oral surgeon, his discovery of complete healing of the exposed patch of bone, and the possible return to Zometa. His advice was to go back to it at four-weekly intervals as before. Then I had an email from him saying he hadn't received a copy of the oral surgeon's letter (despite being clearly cc'd on the back of it) so I sent him a scan of my copy. Having read that, he called back to say he thought we should monitor the situation by having a dental inspection every second Zometa drip - i.e. eight-weekly.

So I 'phoned the dentists, explained the story, and - expecting four or six weeks at the best - asked when they could fit me in for the first check.

"Can you come in this afternoon?"

So I did. The dentist found nothing to argue against going back to Zometa, but he did find slight movement in a big filling at the front and a "deep hole" in a tooth at top back right. Fixing these will not be "traumatic" like an extraction (which I would now have to have done by an oral surgeon in hospital), and I have an appointment on 14th June. And another check coming in eight weeks.

No date yet for the first of the new series of Zometa drips. I doubt they'll have time to do it later this week when I'm in for bloods (Thurs 13th) although that's what Dr.Ch is hoping for. Maybe sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...