Monday 31 May 2021

31/05/21 Bowels, Boules, and dex nights

Again, not a lot to write about. The recent digestive disturbances seem to have sorted themselves out and I went back to one senna last night.

Went to Ongar Boules yesterday morning and played one game with Brian in the Doubles League against a very strong pair. We stayed level with them up to 8-8 but then they put on a burst and won 13-8. Not too awful a result and I think Brian and I have learned a thing or two tactically. Will probably play another match next Sunday.

I stayed off dex over the weekend, on the fairly remote possibility that it may have contributed to my fall last week (all now healing up nicely BTW but I'll be forever remembered for it). No question that I did feel my balance was better yesterday. So tonight (Monday) and tomorrow will be the new dex nights.

Did I mention a right hip problem a day or two ago? It was much better today, although it started to come back a bit yesterday evening. As a left hip problem led to my myeloma diagnosis I've been watching this one closely. There's none of the feeling of a mechanical problem with the joint this time and it's responding to Deep Heat spray, so I'm 99.9% confident that it's just a muscle tweak and nothing worse.



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...