Sunday 9 May 2021

09/05/21 Rain, butter

Constant heavy rain all morning. I started off a slow-cooker "roast" chicken (eight hours on Low followed by fifteen minutes in a hot oven to brown the skin and make it look better. I don't eat the skin but I think it's easier to get it off after a bit of browning.  This is now my favourite method for a basic no-fuss chicken with minimum prep time. I suppose you could throw some herbs, garlic, pepper, etc. in as well... Could also cut cooking time down to four hours on High - haven't tried that yet.

I also made "hard" unsalted butter and lightly salted "spreadable" butter in the Thermomix.

It was still raining.... Should be boules in Ongar in the morning - the forecasts give about a 6% chance of rain. Fingers are crossed, because I enjoy the Sunday morning boules sessions. I've been researching stance, delivery swing, etc.. It gives me things to do and think about that aren't related one way or another to the disease, and that's good.

Dex night tonight. I need to be up and about in time for 10:00 pre-boules breakfast, but on current form that should be no problem. I may well be wide awake and active long before that.

Monday includes a 'phone consultation with Dr.Ch - one of the topics will be returning to Zometa now that the exposed bit of jawbone is resolved. Maybe go to 12-weekly rather than 4-weekly? Lots of people seem to move on to that after being on four-weekly for a while. Otherwise I have no issues to raise, although I'd still like to do something about the tiredness and sleepiness during the day but I think I'm just going to have to live with that like the constipation and the oedema (although that's a lot better now with occasional Furosemide). 

I'll also have to collect one (or possibly two) prescriptions from the GP Surgery's pharmacy, and on Thursday it's off to Springfield for the next set of bloods, next month's meds, and probably another COVID swab test. The last cycle (now in week 4/4) seems to have gone by very quickly. I just hope the nervous week coming waiting for the results will go equally quickly.











Continuing to set things up to work with the new ultrafast fibre broadband, I did the car (which can update itself over WiFi) with no problems at all. Then I tried the Thermomix. Rather similar problems to those I had with the printer. It's now even refusing to do a Factory Reset... I've unplugged it from the mains overnight and will have another go after I'm, back from boules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

25/03/24 Back to Boules

First session of 2024 yesterday as the temperature was not too bad yesterday morning and for once it wasn't raining. Played two doubles ...