Sunday 23 May 2021

23/05/21 (2) A dangerous game!

Went to the Ongar piste this morning to play my first round match against Brian in the Singles competition. I did not expect to win but thought I might get four or five points against him (first to thirteen wins). Then, during the first end, this happened:
















I'd like to claim it was the result of a bare-knuckle fist-fight over a disputed decision, but Brian's far too nice a man for that. In fact I tripped over the wooden surround of the piste and went straight over, taking 90% of the fall on my nose and maybe 10% on my right hand. I wasn't using a stick, and there lies a moral for the future - but carrying a stick while also dealing with two or three boules and a magnet on a string isn't easy...

I have felt my balance to be a little worse than usual for several days, so perhaps I should have paid more attention to warning signs. I had a patch like that a few months ago, but it passed and I was back to normal balance - which is never exactly good in the first place. I don't know if this is related to myeloma meds, but it was a dex night last night...

Be all that as it may, I lost to Brian 2 - 13, so I'll be a spectator for the rest of the Singles. Brian and I make up a team in the Doubles League, and we might do fairly well in that - contrasting styles etc.. He'll be the pointer and I'll be the shooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...