Sunday, 23 May 2021

23/05/21 (2) A dangerous game!

Went to the Ongar piste this morning to play my first round match against Brian in the Singles competition. I did not expect to win but thought I might get four or five points against him (first to thirteen wins). Then, during the first end, this happened:
















I'd like to claim it was the result of a bare-knuckle fist-fight over a disputed decision, but Brian's far too nice a man for that. In fact I tripped over the wooden surround of the piste and went straight over, taking 90% of the fall on my nose and maybe 10% on my right hand. I wasn't using a stick, and there lies a moral for the future - but carrying a stick while also dealing with two or three boules and a magnet on a string isn't easy...

I have felt my balance to be a little worse than usual for several days, so perhaps I should have paid more attention to warning signs. I had a patch like that a few months ago, but it passed and I was back to normal balance - which is never exactly good in the first place. I don't know if this is related to myeloma meds, but it was a dex night last night...

Be all that as it may, I lost to Brian 2 - 13, so I'll be a spectator for the rest of the Singles. Brian and I make up a team in the Doubles League, and we might do fairly well in that - contrasting styles etc.. He'll be the pointer and I'll be the shooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...