Friday 14 May 2021

13/05/21 A bit different...

Unexpected events on the digestive front this morning. First time before breakfast pretty much normal, second time an hour or so later, much looser and the closest thing to diarrhoea that I've had for a long time. certainly going back to before myeloma treatment started. I opened up the pack of Loperamide that I've had since Springfield gave it to me in September 2019. Took two capsules and nothing to report since then. I don't have any ideas about the possible cause of this dramatic deviation from the normal path, certainly don't think I've eaten anything to account for it.

Went to Springfield Hospital as planned, arriving a little early for my 12:30 appointment. Canula inserted, used both for blood draw and the Zometa drip (which |I hadn't expected today but they had ample time for it - didn't seem very busy at at all. That took us to 13:30 or so, and that's when the trouble started. Some sort of administrative foul-up meant that my dex had been left off the prescription and it took a ridiculously long time to get that sorted out. I had to wait very nearly another two hours to get the dex, and got home just in take to take my lunchtime pills at teatime. Well, these things happen (and in fact this was the second time I've had such a long delay) and one has to accept them, but I was fuming inside... Not a good way to pass the afternoon.

The good news is that, just as before, no noticeable reaction to the Zometa. Some people get it quite badly but I have my usual lack of reaction.

In the morning I have a Zoom focus group meeting about the up and coming CAR-T gene therapy for myeloma organised by one of the MyelomaUK panels I'm on. And someone should be arriving to attend to a problem with the front door (outside the scope of this blog!) And a Tesco food delivery to get us through the weekend and into next week. The weather has only a small risk of rain after lunch, so my plan is to go to Ongar for some practice Boules and maybe a match or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...